Friday, February 20, 2009

Cancer is so five minutes ago

I am sorry I have neglected the blog for so long. Especially with the last post being so indulgent. My reason is simple... I AM SO OVER CANCER! I'm bored with it. Aside from my fridays being taken up with chemo, I wouldn't even know I had cancer. No side effects, no sickness, nothing. So here is where I am supposed to say, "I am so lucky! I am so blessed. How wonderful." The problem is that I am so sick of being bald and ugly. It's really the only thing that's going on. Me...being bald. It's not a lot to blog about.

It does make for some good quotes from my kids.

Lily: "Mommy, you're invited to my birthday party. But you'll have to wear your wig or everyone will laugh at you."

Caroline: (As I'm crouched down, tying my shoes.) "You have a shiny, bald head."

Benson: "I love you, Mom. Even when you're bald."

Ella: "It looks like you're wearing a mask." (Because there is a distinct line from where my face has color and my head is white, white, white.)

Ahhh. Good times, good times.

10 comments:

jksfam said...

I'm so sorry!!! I am glad that you have been feeling good, though! When is your hair supposed to start growing back? How many more weeks do you have of Chemo? I'm still impressed with your amazing strength through this!!! I wish I could be with you, give you hugs, watch your kids, make you meals, etc! I miss you!

Alan said...

6 weeks to go! I am going to miss the bald head.

Thanks for not putting in any of my comments.

The Gillette's said...

Aren't you glad you have those adorable little kids of yours to keep you smiling! :-)

RyAriMow said...

Hangman and Pacman are addicting. I caught myself playing it last night until 1 a.m. after my shift. I would get rid of them but forgot how I did it! Take care!

RyAriMow said...

Hangman and Pacman are addicting. I caught myself playing it last night until 1 a.m. after my shift. I would get rid of them but forgot how I did it! Take care!

Anonymous said...

here's another quote: "stop trying to look like high school me."

Lyndee said...

You look so cute bald! Your hair was beautiful, but I love your wigs and hats. I am glad you are not feeling sick. Once again let me know if you ever need help on Friday's with you kids:)

Lee said...

I love your kids. Love their comments. They are so funny.

Lauren said...

I am so glad you are feeling good, and that cancer is so 5 min. ago for you. You are awesome!!
Your kids are hilarious- kids say the funniest thing.

Barney Family said...

Not very many people can pull off a bald head like you!! But, I can see why you are sick of it!!! This has been a long and short six months. Long because you are bald and have chemo every Friday. Short because I have so much fun hanging out with you, jabbering on the phone, and goofing around. You are almost done-- and then you will be back to normal. well somewhat, you will have new boobs and a great tummy-- oh that makes it all worth it.

Love ya, Kellie