Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Beth Surgery Update - 2:30pm EST

2:38pm - nurse Wynn came out to tell me that Beth has been upgraded from "she's doing well", to "she doing REALLY well". The updates have been on the half hour every 2 hours. At this point I am convinced that the nurse has an Outlook reminder set to remind her to come out and tell me that Beth is doing well every 2 hours.

By the way, during an 11 hour surgery how and and when are breaks for the doctor taken? Does he just leave for lunch with Beth laying there wide open? He has to take breaks right? I need to know these things.

We are 8 hours into surgery. I have passed the time with a lot of YouTube, a couple episodes of The Office and even caught up on some behind the scenes of Survivor. On CBS.com you can watch exclusive footage of Survivor including Webisodes of "Ponderosa" - footage of where the members of the jury stay after they get voted out. This is must see for all Survivor fans. Check it out.

I haven't spent all of the last 8 hours watching mindless YouTube clips though, I did learn some interesting facts on what exactly this boob doctor is doing to my wife


Beth got the abdominal muscle flap (Tram Flap).


But most of the time I was watching clips like this one



As good as these guys were, I kept finding myself thinking, "How awesome would it be to work for Google??" I mean this had to be a recruiting commercial for Google right? "Hey come work for Google, we take breaks in the middle of the day to watch a couple of dudes beat box".

People wearing shorts and flip flops to work and not to mention the huge cooler of help yourself adult drinks off in the corner. Smart advertising on Google's part.

1 comment:

westoverwhatnots said...

What hospital is she in and when does she get to come home? Does this mean life is almost back to "normal"? I hope so. You guys are both such good examples of good humor in facing life's trials. We all hope this is the end of this particular trial - you deserve a break! Hope all prayers are answered and things continue to go well! :)