Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Now Here's a Little Story I've Got to Tell... Sept 7th

Well, it's looking like another sleepless night for me. I've had about 5 hours of sleep TOTAL over the last two nights.

So since we are still all up, I thought I'd share with you a funny story about some of the last words Beth spoke. It was 3 days before she passed (Sunday). It was the last day she was able to really talk. I helped her sit up to use the bathroom. She was so weak that I had to hold her up so that she wouldn't tip over. As we sat on the side of the bed, my arm wrapped around her holding her up, we waited for her to gain strength to try and move to the toilet. Out of nowhere she very faintly started rapping the opening verse of the Beastie Boys, Paul Revere - "Now here's a little story I've got to tell about 3 bad brothers you know so well..."   

I just love that crazy, spunky girl. She was so funny and full of life up till the very end. I laughed and
just imagined her laying in bed all that time reciting song lyrics in her head. 

I think a lot of her friends would be surprised to know exactly how much rap and hip hop Beth listened to. She would always listen to the edited versions and she always would make me laugh anytime she would hear one of her favorite rap songs but accidentally hear the unedited version. She was always so shocked and upset that they were using foul language. "Why does Tupac have to curse so much". She cracked me up.

I wish I could find out how many people's lasts words were lyrics to a Beastie Boys song. I'm serious, I think she said maybe 3 more words after her impromptu rap session (for the record those last 3 words were "l love you").  

Man I miss her so much.


Disclaimer: Beth would want me to point out that in this picture she was NOT miserably failing at throwing up the "Westside" W sign.  Her missionary companion took this picture on their P-day and Beth was saying " Only 3 more months till I come home".  

12 comments:

Caroline Osborne said...

Sweet story. Beth was/is so fun. I'm glad you have so many happy memories to reflect on during this heartbreaking time.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute story! I feel I have gotten to know Beth so much more through all your postings! Wish I could have known her all my life! She is and always will be such an inspiration to myself along with countless others out there! Alan, you guys have touched the lives of so many others in such wonderful ways! God bless you all!

Brian & Veronica said...

So awesome! Lol. Thanks for sharing memories with us. We love you all!

Lee said...

I love it. I love Beth's love for music.

MPk said...

Seriously, Beth could very well be the coolest person ever to walk this planet!

Lauren said...

So sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Lauren said...

So sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica Carmen said...

The best.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, so cool! I hope you find sleep and more sweet memories/dreams always.

alezy said...

Beth, i loved you but I love you even more now. What a gift I was given to have known you.
Xoxo

Shawn Jensen said...

I served with Beth while we were on are missions in France. Her enthusiasm, happiness, and hilarious sense of humor were always refreshing. I just learned of her passing today, and wanted to express my condolences. She is an amazing lady and no doubt is still touching lives and making people laugh.

Best Homework Helpers said...

I liked your blog very much it is very interesting and I learned many things from this blog which is helping me a lot.

Human Resource Assignment Help