Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Boob Doctor

So I know this is Beth's Blog, but the Mowrey 500 blog is a 100% cancer free blog. No cancer talk on that blog allowed. But, I had to share my experience with our appointment with the Plastic Surgeon this morning.

I was told we were going to discuss options for her new boobs. I thought it was going to be alot of pictures and maybe some videos - so I was in for sure.

What I wasn't in for was all the gory details of how this whole thing is going to take place. Pretty graphic. I actually got lightheaded listening to the doctor. In fact, I was getting so lightheaded I almost asked if I could use one of the silicone implants the Doctor had on display as a pillow.


The worst part? No pictures. No videos. Nothing. Unless you're counting the doctor's poor artistic drawing of a pair of boobies.


A few other notes about this visit:


In general, if something has a "less than 1% chance of happening" no need to throw it out there as a something that could go wrong.


This doctor was freaking me out with all the things he was telling us COULD go wrong with this type of procedure. Hey, there is a less than 1% chance that the ceiling could collapse on Beth's head during surgery - wonder why he didn't cover that?


One last thing - I didn't find it weird that the doctor had to take a picture of Beth's boobs for his records. What was weird though, is that he used his cell phone camera to take the picture.

Summary: It's going to be a 10 hour surgery and our doctor now has a 10.2 mega pixel picture of my wife's breasts. Good times.

9 comments:

jksfam said...

Yeah, you would think that a better camera might be called for! Maybe it's easier for him to study for prep. I hope that all goes well with the surgery! When is it so that we can pray extra hard that day!

CTMowrey said...

Did he send the picture to "Packaging"?

Tiff & Chad

Sara said...

When is the surgery?

Beth said...

Surgery should happen in the next month or so.

Nau Willis said...

you are in our prayers and just looooove the blog.

Lee said...

Okay.. the cell phone pic? Seriuosly? That is crazy. And we are praying for you guys.

Beth said...

Just to clarify, the doctor did not use his cell phone camera. Alan is a dork.

Beth said...

Oh, yes he did. Beth, you remember when he said close your eyes? He pulled the ol Switch-a-roo.

Elizabeth Brownsen said...

Mars and I have read this a couple times and we still laugh.