Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Post Surgery Update

So this will be quick...

I just swung by home to put the kids the bed and then I'm heading back to the hospital. Beth is doing great. The surgery lasted over 9 hours and for the most part she says she feels ok, but says that her ribs really hurt. They have her doped up on some pretty heavy stuff, so conversations with her are interesting.

Doctors said that everything went extremely well. They expect her to be released tomorrow morning at 7 AM (don't bet on that). My bet is she'll be home tomorrow evening sometime.

Beth's sister and friend Melissa are here helping out. They stayed with the kids today during the surgery and are here through the end of the week - what a huge help they have been.

Beth wanted me to get a post up and to say thank you for everyone that has reached out to us, helped us in someway or another or prayed for us. We are so blessed to have such supportive friends and family.

Beth will post as soon as she can jump on a laptop. Trust me, she will have some funny stuff to share about this day.

Alan

7 comments:

Lee said...

I am glad that things went well. We have been thinking of you guys all day. We will be in touch soon.

jksfam said...

You guys are great! I'm glad to hear that things went well! I thought of the surgery several times today and always said a quick little prayer then, too. Miss you guys!

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

Alan send Beth our love and best wishes. You are in our thoughts and prayers. She better make it home by 8 central, NBC Thursdays and you know what I mean.

The Wents said...

We are happy to hear things went well and we Hope the recovery continues to go good. We are thinking of you.

Nau Willis said...

So glad to hear things went well!!! All our prayers are with you!!!

kate said...

Like everyone else has said, so glad things went well. I'm especially glad you've got a good support system over there...that should make the recovery process a bit easier. We know it's not over, so we're still keeping you in our thoughts...and, of course, waiting to see the first wig photo :).

Anonymous said...

I hope things are going well a few days after surgery. I will be there on Tuesday night to hang/help out for a few days. Know that I love you all, and Mars and Jane send their love also. Jane can't say much, but she can say "Hi" really loudly, so that makes up for it.