Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cali-therapy Day Four

I told Alan I wanted to blog everyday so I could have a journal of each fun day on our visit home... so he's been doing it on our family blog. What a wannabe. Anyway, he skipped day four so I will fill you in.
Breakfast at Martha's. This is by far my favorite place for breakfast in the South Bay. I know most people would say Uncle Bill's, which is good, but Martha's is better. I get the hummus omelet almost every time. Delicious.


Bike ride on the strand. This is what we would do almost every weekend as a family. This time we of course had to rent/borrow bikes (thanks Caroline!). It was a gorgeous day and even saw dolphins along the way.

We had big plans to go walk around Third Street Promenade but the sun was beckoning. So we put that off, grabbed our bathing suits and hurried back to the beach. Even though the water was freezing, the kids didn't seem to mind. They all ended up wet and had a fantastic time.

We also went back to the hospital to see more of beautiful baby Eli. Holding that little nugget is almost enough to make me want to have another one. Almost.

4 comments:

Two Mamas said...

California misses the Mowrey Family already! Come back! But seriously, it was great to see you guys and all of you look great.

Lee said...

You guys seriously had so much fun! I love all the pictures.

Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hales said...

I've never tried Martha's. I run by it all the time and never thought to stop. Now that I have a glowing recommendation . . . .
So good to see you guys. Come back!!