Thursday, January 29, 2009

Super Woman

Beth is not one to brag. Well, sometimes she brags. Like when she reminds me that she has never gotten a ticket (in fact she has never even been pulled over), that she is better than me in Brick Breaker (game on my phone), and she ONCE beat me in bowling. Aside from that, she usually doesn't do too much bragging. So, I am going to brag for her: SHE IS KICKING CHEMO'S ARSE!!

She is 4 weeks into this 2nd round of Chemo and she is feeling great. Almost no ill-effects at all. Two weeks ago, she had Chemo on a Friday afternoon and we left for LA the next morning. We flew all day and went straight to the beach after landing. As we were playing volleyball she says, "can you believe I had Chemo only 24 hours ago?"

She is amazing!


24 hours post Chemo and she's ballin it up on the beach


I wonder if the anti -nausea medicine would have help her on this boat ride


Chemo apparently makes you a horrible horseshoe player


Couple random things...
  • Before we left for LA, we told the Chemo doctor that we were going to miss a week of treatment. He said, "no problem, I'll just give you 1 1/2 doses today and 1 1/2 doses when you get back. That way you'll be on track." Hey, Logie! How about we get 1 1/2 doses every week so we can be done about 4 weeks early???

  • I have been meaning to blog about a guy that is getting Chemo in the same office as us. He is there EVERY time we are there. He is large man and he likes to sleep during his treatments. The problem is that he is a chronic snorer. It is a thundering snore. I've never heard anything like it before. The reason we haven't blogged about him is that words can't describe this guy. I was going to snap a quick video of him in action last week, but for some reason he decided that he was going to stay awake for the treatment. I will try again this Friday. Until then, I want you to picture a large bear choking on a t-bone steak.

  • I knew it was too good to be true. After a lengthy"investigation" on Beth, our insurance company decided to start paying some bills. I was actually pretty impressed with them. Seemed like bills were getting paid and they even sent me a nice little spreadsheet of all the bills they had paid to date and what our out-of-pocket expenses would be. That is when they told us that the boob doctor was "Out of Network" and they would only cover a portion of the bills. This would have been nice to know before he whacked off 2 boobs and rang up a bill of $50,000. I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES - ALL OF THEM. If you haven't seen Sicko, go rent it at Blockbuster or put it in your NetFlix Que.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how Allan is recommending Sicko to EVERYONE! What about Beth who thinks she's super sly. It was soooo good to see you last week and when i cried after the barbecue i knew i needed to see you again. sorry for stalking.

RyAriMow said...

You guys are amazing!

kate said...

It was great to see you guys...and Beth, you looked great! Clearly, you are kicking chemo's butt.

On the insurance front, total empathy there. I love how they somehow make it YOUR fault. In our case, it ended up just being easier to pay than fight. Argh. Luckily for us it was only a few thousand. Good luck.

The Wents said...

WE are with your on hating insurance! Beth you are doing awesome. And Alan is always so supportive. What a great husband.

Lee said...

I am glad you are doing so well with this round of chemo. YAY! And look at you playing some beach volleyball. And I hope you can get everything straightened out with your insurance. Good luck!

patty said...

Beth, you are SuperWoman. I'm glad this round is better. Lots of love to you all.

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

Nice follow through.

The Gillette's said...

Beth, I enjoy reading this blog. You are a strong women and you are very fortunate to have a hubby that supports you and makes you laugh a lot. Alan has a good sense of humor :-) you are always in our prayers. Btw... This insurance thing sucks!