Monday, June 27, 2016

Fractured Ribs? Update - June 27th

Today has not been a very good day.  Beth may have fractured a rib this morning. The cancer in her lungs causes her to cough quite a bit and this morning she was coughing so hard we think she fractured something.  She has been in a lot of pain today and it especially hurts for her to breath in and of course it hurts anytime she coughs.  Her doctor want her to go into the ER and get an X-Ray just to confirm.  Beth was not having it.  In her words, "You mean go to the same ER where we spent 7 hours for them to do a CT scan of my chest 2 weeks ago? The same ER that told us the CT scan looked clear, when in fact I had cancer in my lungs? That same ER?  NO THANK YOU!"

In addition, she started vomiting again today.  We hope it is from the pain meds she took this last night, but whatever the cause, it is not good.

I can't describe how helpless I feel when she is laying there in pain, trying to focus on her breathing so it doesn't cause her more pain, all while not trying to vomit.  There is nothing I can do for her.  She just lays there trying to get through the next minute of her life.

Note to our local friends - Beth is not well enough to have visitors at least for the next day or so. Please call or text me if you are wanting to come visit and I can let you know when she is feeling up for it.  My cell is 330-316-3478.

Lastly - check out Beth's "portable" oxygen tank.  You can barely tell you are carrying it.
























We love you all!

#BattleTogether


8 comments:

kate said...

I've lost my faith in ERs. Haven't lost it in you two. You're in so many hearts and prayers. I hope you can feel it even a little bit as you battle on.

Unknown said...

Sending lots of prayers your way. Love you beth!

MPk said...

That must be the "built-for-Alan-portability" tank;) Ugh - I hope the vomiting and pain subsides. More prayers and love your way!

Unknown said...

Our family is always praying for her and your family! Thank you for keeping us posted!
Juliana

Jana Gunter said...

Thanks for sharing, Alan. Praying for you guys, for courage, for strength, for hope, for peace amidst the storm, for spiritual comfort as you endure physical and emotional pain, and for healing. When you come to Chicago again, and if you feel she will be up to it, please let me know if I could visit.
Jana

Esther said...

I saw Beth yesterday when I went to pick up the Cedar point tickets. I hope she is feeling better today. Sending my love and prayers to you guys.

Unknown said...

Alan,
Thank you so much for keeping this blog. We are truly praying for all of you. My heart breaks and cries for her...I love her dearly. Try to hang in there and we will continue to pray for strength from our Father in heaven for you all. I would love to come and visit with her when she feels up to it.
Patrina

Unknown said...

Alan,
Thank you so much for keeping this blog. We are truly praying for all of you. My heart breaks and cries for her...I love her dearly. Try to hang in there and we will continue to pray for strength from our Father in heaven for you all. I would love to come and visit with her when she feels up to it.
Patrina