Friday, June 24, 2016

Hello??? Did you get my text? June 24th

I am committed to updating this Blog daily from here on out.  But before I get into the update, Beth wanted me to send a note about something she is really struggling with.  As much as she loves receiving all the texts and phone calls she is having a hard time responding to everyone in a timely manner.  She doesn't have a lot of energy and she sleeps most of the day.  She reads your texts and starts to reply and then falls asleep. So please don't be offended if you don't get a reply back. She is trying as best as she is able to. I promise to update this blog often as we get new info or anything changes.  We love you all and love hearing from you but it is impossible to keep everyone updated individually thus the reason for this blog.

Beth is still in Chicago. We are hoping to get discharged today.  The main reason she's been here so long is they needed to get her nausea under control. She takes an oral chemotherapy treatment and if she's throwing up she cannot keep the chemotherapy down and it is ineffective.  They believe they have her nausea under control now and she can resume taking her chemotherapy.  

In addition we found out that she has cancer in her lungs and it is causing her shortness of breath and to have a bad cough. Her pulse ox numbers have been very low and so they are going to keep her on oxygen for the time being.  She will carry around a portable oxygen tank that will help her receive the proper amount oxygen.  

Her leg has healed very nicely and she's able to put almost 100% weight on her leg. She's now able to walk without the use of a walker or a wheelchair, however her energy levels are so low that anytime she's out of bed she needs to be in a wheelchair.  

She's excited to get home today. 

Lastly I'm sure many of you have questions that maybe I'm not addressing. I would ask that you ask the questions in the comments section below for everyone to see and I will do my best to reply to them. I'm sure other people have the same questions.  





11 comments:

vicki said...

She is rocking that Cav hat! Thanks for the blog updates! We all love Beth and your family! Very proud of all of you! Save your strength Beth!

Brandis said...

Stay strong family!! Sending our love and blessings!

Anonymous said...

Beth and Alan. I love you both so much. My prayers are for you always. Thanks for the updates.
David Spencer

Unknown said...

Beth you look beautiful! I love you dearly and we are praying for all of you.

Unknown said...

Beth you look beautiful! I love you dearly and we are praying for you all! Patrina and Olivia.

Jennifer Carr said...

I love the smiles! There are several of us that want to visit but don't want to be intrusive. Alan, perhaps you could PM me through FB about when a good time might be? We would stay in a hotel close by. We love your family so much! Big hugs from Texas (where EVERYTHING is bigger) XXX - Jen

hales said...

Love you all!

Jessica Carmen said...

That hat looks better on you!

Jessica Carmen said...

I meant better on Beth! Lol!

Karen Kuilboer said...

Beth, I love your guts! <3 You're receiving continual prayers from a bunch of crazy Canucks! ;)

Brynn said...

Love to you all!! Fasting for you today