Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oh brother...

Friday was my third treatment. I normally meet with the doctor before treatment to go over how the last one went and talk about any problems or questions.
So I say, "Well, I have been getting these headaches behind my left eye (and I had a pretty bad one as I was sitting in his office)."
He looks at me and completely seriously asks, "Do you need a brain scan?"
To which I respond incredulously, "DO I??!!"
What kind of question is that? With all the nasty side affects wouldn't you think that headaches would be somewhat commonplace? A brain scan? Please. Are comments like that really necessary?

3 comments:

Two Mamas said...

it seems like half of the battle is navigating through issues with doctors and insurance. good thing you have such a good sense of humor! we are sending you good thoughts during this rough week.

Lee said...

Dude.. I love your response. I am sorry you are having to deal with that. I hope your head is better.

Anita said...

Beth, I love you blog. I'm a 30 year-old with breast cancer and just finished my first cycle of chemo. I was complaining about migraines after the first treatment, and was told I needed a brain MRI. The doctor then said, but don't worry it's most likely not brain cancer. Which I thought was funny, because with so many side effects from chemo brain cancer had never occurred to me.