Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Miracle is Happening - July 7th

We made it to Chicago today.  It was a rough trip for Beth.  Beth has never done well with early morning wake up calls.  She felt sick most of the trip and she was very uncomfortable sitting in the car for that long.

Tomorrow, we have another early morning as Beth’s first appointment is at 5:45 a.m - OUCH. Tomorrow we should find out if this new Chemo has made any difference in fighting the cancer in her liver.

Despite what Beth’s test results are tomorrow it will not overshadow the fact that there is a miracle taking place. Over the last couple of years (and really over the last few months) we have been overwhelmed with love and support.  Our family, and more importantly our kids have had a front row seat to see so many faithful people praying and serving our family.  This has had a profound impact on us.  Our kids are learning how to mourn with those that mourn; and comfort those that stand in need of comfort”.   They are learning how to be more Christ-Like.  They are learning how to love one another.

A miracle is happening as my kids watch their mother display unwavering faith through her trials.  She has taught them to have faith in the God’s timing.  We don’t know why Beth’s life will be cut short but whenever our Heavenly Father calls Beth home, we can be at peace knowing that God’s timing is perfect.

There are so many miracles happening around us as we go through this trial and we are trying to do a better job recognizing those miracles and making sure we all appreciate them and learn from them.

We love you all.

#BattleTogether

6 comments:

stalker sarah said...

Your family has made such an impact on my life! You all have lived life to the fullest...no matter what trials you've been given. You stand by each other, love each other, and support each other. While you have been given this "unexpected gift," you have given all of us so much more. I've never fasted and prayed so much in my life. I've grown in my faith so very much. Beth is my hero. Your family has shown me what I want my family to be. Thank you. I love you guys more than you know and you're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Jane said...

You never cease to amaze me. Your faith is inspiring. I've seen cancer come in and shake up lives and yet leave us better. It really is the "love disease". I hope you continue to feel our love and prayers. Good luck tomorrow!!

Tracee said...

Wow, what a beautiful post Alan! I have always admired how much strength Beth has had and how much love your family shows one another. Your faith in our Heavenly Father is inspiring. Please know we think of you often and pray for you always!!! Much Love and prayers! The Walker Family!

Unknown said...

Last night during our stake pec council (high councilors and stake presidency present) a prayer was offered for you and your family. We love you...so many people love you!!

Unknown said...

Thinking about you guys today and sending extra prayers your way.

The Nauvoo Life: Looking for Miracles said...

Alan you are a beautiful human being. Thanks for including all of us in your journey with Beth. I love that girl and have been inspired to be better because of her, you and your family. May the Lord's loving arms always be around you, Beth and each of your children in the coming days, months, years. Tracey