Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Get on Your Knees...and Scrub - July 13th

Today was a pretty uneventful day for Beth. Beth spent most of the day in bed with a fan in her face and a cold wash cloth on her across her forehead. Our AC went out today on one of the hottest days of the summer. She is crazy hot all the time anyway (symtom of the cancer in her liver and some of her meds) so it took her a while to realize the AC had gone out. The AC was fixed this evening and the house was slowly starting to cool down up until the power went out from a passing storm.  Beth is about 5 mintues from stripping down, walking outside and laying down in our front yard in the pouring rain. That’s how hot she is. Fun times.  

One strange thing to note - Beth’s liver is as hard as a rock today and it sticks out from her abdomen. It feels like there is a brick just under her skin. Not sure what that is all about.

Speaking of her liver, Beth’s friend Katie has encouraged her to use positive visualizations. She said, “Visualize 'Warrior Beth' going after and hunting down those cancer cells and annihilating them”.  Beth said, why not and tried it out. She quickly realized 'she’s a lover, not a fighter’.  She imagines herself instead with a scrub brush cleaning the cancer off her liver.  “I imagine all of the people that are battling with us picking up a scrub brush, getting on thier hands and knees and scrubbing my liver clean until it’s nice and white”.  

That is how she goes to sleep each night - this crazy image of a bunch of miniature friends working together to rid her body of the cancer.  I need some of those drugs.

Lastly, I had a Fathead made of Beth. You will see more of this in future posts and I will elborate. 





















#BattleTogether

8 comments:

Caroline Osborne said...

You wouldn't know by the state of my house, but I'm a cleaner at heart ever since I cleaned houses during summers in high school. I find it very therapeutic... well I used to... before I had 4 kids undoing my therapy right behind me. Anyways Beth, I'm giving you my resume here so I can be one of your liver scrubbers! Pick me! I scrub for Beth!!
I love you Beth, Alan, Ben, Ella, Caroline and Lily. #thebetheffect is real to me and all who know you and I am honored and so blessed to call you friends. I #BattleTogether with you. Hugs forever.

stalker sarah said...

I will start scrubbing! #battletogether also. I super love the fathead! And you guys! :)

Elizabeth Brownsen said...

#scrubtogether

carrie gilmer said...

Scrubbing away here in MB! Thinking of you all the time, Beth. Wishing you comfort and happiness. (Love the Fathead, btw!)

Katie said...

I love it even more! scrub them out! keep the visualizing going. whatever is your thing, positive visualizing can work wonders. xoxo

Unknown said...

I get updates from Christi about Beth and her family! I have cried for all of you. Sending love and scrubbing for you!

Anonymous said...

May I have the honour to scrub them out. I would scrb scrub scrrruuub them until they are gone. Hang on there Beth. Our prayers are with you and your family. God bless . Auntie. evan and Uncke Mike

vicki said...

I love to clean! Please let me be one of your scrub a dub dubbers!!