Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Big Wheels Keep on Turning... July 19th

We made it to Florida. 18 hours over 2 days. Thankful for the power of strong narcotics. Without those, she wouldn’t have been able to make it. Beth really struggled today as she is very weak. She is so glad she is here but we are hoping her coming wasn’t a mistake. Even though she will be posted up in bed most of the trip at least she is surrounded by family.

After taking some pretty heavy pain meds Beth laid back and just zoned out. She would go hours without moving and I thought she was asleep. Then out of the blue she would start singing along to a song. She wasn’t sleeping at all, just high as a kite, listening to the music in the car and enjoying the ride (while not saying a word for hundreds of miles at a time).

Note: this video was posted with full permission of Beth.

#BattleTogether.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love Beth. She was born to groove. It's in her blood. I'm glad she was able to make the trip. Soak in all the family time you can get. We will pray for the spirit to sustain her while she's there. Enjoy!!

Nauvoo Lindgrens said...

Beth, you can now quit your day job and go into the music industry.

I'm glad you are done with the drive and are in Florida. I hope you love the family time out there.

My family would love to join you with all of our cleaning skills. Relax on your vacation, visualize and let us help clean your liver.

Jessica Carmen said...

Rockstar! :)

Karen Kuilboer said...

Beth, I love your guts!! :D You've always been up for a sing along. :D I can't even count how many times we sang "Piano Man" together during my last 2 months in Rodez!! I'm sure it equalled or surpassed the copious amounts of Magnum ice cream bars we consumed. ;) Keep being awesome! <3