Friday, July 22, 2016

High and Tight - July 22nd

Not much new with Beth today. Her back is still sore but much better than yesterday. Looking like it was a pulled muscle. Beth is having a harder and harder time using her legs to stand up.  This morning she said she got up to use the bathroom, sat on the toilet and then spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how she was going to stand up. She said that she just kept thinking, “I wish I didn’t lock the door”.  

Tomorrow is our last day in Florida. We will leave early Sunday to drive to Indiana to spend time with Beth’s sister before heading back to Ohio. I tried to convince Beth to let me fly her from Florida to Indiana and have one of the kids (or my mom) travel with her.  She didn’t go for it.  We were having a hard time finding a direct flight and she was worried that if anything went wrong (delay or a missed connection or cancelled flight) that she would not be able to handle it. She already is concerned if she will have the energy and strength to handle getting off the plane and trying to make her connection. So, as miserable as Beth was on the drive out to Florida, she is choosing to drive home with us as it is less taxing on her body.

Beth’s doctors in Chicago told us that we should consider changing doctors to a local doctor for her injections and her 3 week check ups. Beth’s doctor was worried that she would not be able to physically make the drive from Ohio to Chicago anymore.  We have her scheduled visit to Chicago coming up on Aug 1st and we will most likely discuss changing doctors in more detail when we are out there.  

Funny story from yesterday. I needed a haircut and drove by a local barber shop. I walked in and sat down in the chair.  As the old man started he mentioned he was an ex-marine and use to cut hair in the military.  So needless to say he gave me a “high and tight” cut.  When I got home Caroline took one look and said with a very concerned look, “Dad, what happened to your head??”  She then reached out to touch the side of my head and said, “Did you do this because of mom?”  She thought I chose this haircut to show mom support with her baldness. Good stuff.


3 comments:

Nauvoo Lindgrens said...

I got a good laugh out of Alan's unintentional support of your baldness.

Still scrubbing.

Nauvoo Lindgrens said...

I got a good laugh out of Alan's unintentional support of your baldness.

Still scrubbing.

stalker sarah said...

Love it! 😂😂