Saturday, July 2, 2016

BETH'S CANCER BLOG - Update: July 3rd


Not a lot of change in Beth's situation over the last few days.  She doesn't get out of bed much, she eats very little and she sleeps 75% of the day.  Over the last 2 months anytime I’ve asked Beth how she is feeling the answer has always been met with a slight grimace, a shoulder shrug and a moan.  She sats she just feels "yucky" all the time.  She is hesitant to let me include this in the blog because she has always been afraid of coming off as "too whiney". She could post a "whiney" Facebook status every day for the next month and she would be justified. Something to note:  Beth approves most if not all of my posts and all of my lame attempts at humor. Sometimes she leaves in the dumb jokes just to watch me crash and burn.  

Lastly, there is one thing I wanted to clear up:

Many people think that I started this Blog, which infers that I came up with the name of the Blog. When Beth first started the Blog she wanted to name it "The Gift" but that name was already taken.  So she added "Unexpected" to the name.  The name was chosen because in the beginning we felt like cancer and the entire experience was going to be a blessing to our family.  As much as cancer has sucked we have absolutely experienced many great things because of this trial, way too many to name in this post (I'll tackle that subject at a later time).  I just want to set the record straight, that while I love the name of the blog, I wouldn't have named it "The Unexpected Gift".  It would have been something way more generic like: "BETH’S CANCER BLOG".

Today was Fast Sunday and we appreciate everyone that was fasting for Beth.  We love you all and appreciate that we all #BattleTogether.

No comments: