Sunday, July 24, 2016

Count Your Blessings - July 24th

Greetings from Nashville, TN.  We were able to knock out almost 800 miles of the 1,100 mile trip to Indiana. Beth did great with 12 hour car ride but is glad to be in a bed.  

Beth said I need to slow down with all the “bum everyone out” posts, so we will take a break from cancer talk and quickly recap some of the great things that happened during our trip in Florida.

1. We got to see my brother, Chad and his family. It was so great to spend time with them. They live a few blocks from the beach and we spent A LOT of time there. We are #LeftCoast4Life people but I could for sure get used to the warm ocean water of the Atlantic.


2. Helped my parents move into their new house in Florida. It’s starting to feel like their home now that all of their stuff is moved in. I'm glad we were able to help them with the move even though my mom moved WAY too many blankets and coats from LA.  Absolutely no need for anyone in living in Florida to have that many blankets and coats.

3. Everyone learned to Stand Up Paddle Board. Great time.

4. Beth was able to see the kids everyday and hear about all of the fun things they did that day. Even though she was in bed 90% of the time in Florida, she loved having the kids check in each day and seeing them getting browner and browner from all of the sun. Also there were a few times Beth was right there in the ocean with us thanks to the wonders of FaceTime.


5. My mom decided to come back to Ohio with us. She has been a huge help. She is a retired nurse and she is great at making sure Beth is comfortable and taking all of her medication. I can’t tell you how great it has been having her with us.  Plus she has been great with the kids and helping around the house.  Such a life saver.













6. The kids loved having mango and banana trees everywhere.  All of the mango and bananas their hearts desired.

7. Ella and I went undefeated the entire time we were in Florida in the game Kan Jam.  #DreamTeam.



















As sad as it is that my parents sold their house in LA and moved to Florida it is great to have them (and my brother) closer to us.

#BattleTogether

3 comments:

Tara said...

It makes me laugh that Beth is worried that her cancer blog will "bum everyone out"!! It's so Beth to worry about how everyone else feels about her own suffering! Dan and I have been reading along faithfully and praying and scrubbing with you. We are so grateful to know you guys.

Tara Griffiths

Tara said...

It makes me laugh that Beth is worried that her cancer blog will "bum everyone out"!! It's so Beth to worry about how everyone else feels about her own suffering! Dan and I have been reading along faithfully and praying and scrubbing with you. We are so grateful to know you guys.

Tara Griffiths

Unknown said...

Beth you are an inspiration. I am also battling cancer and there are days I want to just throw in the towel and scream hallelujah, but after reading about your struggle... I threw away all my towels and sucked it up. You are a perfect example of Christ and know your Heavenly Father loves you. I pray every night for you and your family to be comforted through this ordeal. I work in the Seattle Temple, which helps me a lot to stay strong and focused on what our Savior went through for us and you are doing it for us sister. Just know you are loved. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone.

Alan, I am a follower of Greg Trimble and read the blog he dedicated to Beth. I am a Cavs fan because of Lebron James. I enjoyed watching him when he played for the Heats (because my son served a mission there) and I enjoyed watching him since then. With that being said, I enjoy reading your blog and cannot wait to read it when I get home from the temple. You and Beth got me in stitches. I laugh and shed many tears when reading your blog, but know I am in it with you all. Much love & aloha.
Dawn Macugay
#BattleTogether