Friday, July 29, 2016

Don't Touch Me... Get Away! - July 29th

Beth feels sick.  Beth is tired. Beth still has cancer. Beth slept a lot today.  In other words, just a normal day.

So with no real updates, here are some random things that give a little insight into what it’s like in our house these days.  

Each morning I ask Beth, “How are you feeling?”.  This morning she answered with, “Maybe you shouldn’t ask that question anymore”.  I took that as, “Why don’t I just save you time and just tell you when I AM feeling GOOD”.  

Each morning I rub Beth’s bald head. Her perfectly shaped bald head. It really is one of my favorite things to do. As much as I love her smooth and round bald head, I am excited to feel more and more hair growing in each morning.














Because Beth’s cancer makes her feel very hot all the time, she needs the AC to be cranked up to around 63 degrees. It is so cold in our house that we could hang meat in our living room. As I type this my fingers are going numb.  














I always can tell when Beth has hit the pain meds.  If she is heavily medicated she will get very sappy and weepy. I will be walking through the living room and she will all of sudden say “Come here honey” and grab my hand and say, “I just love you so much, how did I get so lucky?” and she will usually start to tear up. That is my sign she is high on something. If she is not on pain meds, she is usually like, “Don’t touch me, get away”.  

I think I am going to put a Fitbit on Beth and see how many steps she takes in a week?  Any guesses?  I am going with under 300 steps.  FOR THE WEEK!  I may be way too high though.

As if we don’t have enough medication in our house already.  The two blue bottles below are prescription meds for OUR DOG!!  Poppy tore her ACL and will need surgery.  Can’t make this stuff up.












One silver lining thing about cancer is Beth does not have to be part of Ben learning how to drive.  He has only had his learner's permit for about a month so far and he has done well for the most part, but at least once a trip I scream, “HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ME DO THAT WHILE I AM DRIVING”.  

Tomorrow, Beth is going to try and attend the funeral services for John Bigelow.  We just love that family.  We hope she is feeling up to it.

We love you all...
#BattleTogether

1 comment:

Nauvoo Lindgrens said...

I just stumbled across the book, called Cancer-Free, Your Guide to Gental Non toxic Healing, written by Bill Henderson, online. I have only read about it and its reviews. I have NOT read the book. So, it doesn't come with my personal recommendation. I know you are looking for alternatives and thought this may be something worth researching. Amazon has 263 reviews 82% are 5 star 11% are 4 star.

I'm praying for you. I hope all goes well for John's funeral.