Monday, July 4, 2016

Dig Deeper!!!! Update: July 4th

It really scares me to see how weak Beth is.  This morning she tried to take a bath.  She couldn't make it up the stairs by herself.  She could barely undress herself.  She was unable to lower herself into the tub.  She hasn't been able to get herself out of the tub for a few months now.  I have to kneel down and have her put her arms around my neck and stand up in order to raise her out of the tub.  If this was a UFC fight the referee would have called the fight a long time ago and awarded the win to Cancer. I truly don't know how she does it day after day.  

I remember back in 2012 before Beth's cancer came back for the 3rd time, Beth and I were doing the Shaun T, Insanity Workouts together.  He would always scream, "Dig Deeper" as he was trying to kill you.  I imagine Beth saying that to herself on days like today.

I bet these 4 knuckleheads have something to do with her will to keep going.


















Lastly, if you have sent Beth a text lately and didn't get a response this is why.  She starts to reply and then dozes off.



We love you all.

#BattleToghether

4 comments:

Jane said...

Dig deeper Beth!! You can do it!!! What a great support you are Alan. Your love for each other is so inspiring. We love you!!!
The Hatch's (I don't know why it's Jane's account but I can't figure out how to change it🙄)

Lee Ann said...

We love you Beth! Alan, you are such a great husband. Thank you for sharing your life, and your example. Sending love and prayers.

stalker sarah said...

Oh how I love Shaun T and dig deep is written on my shoelaces! Go Beth!! Keep on digging deeper! I love you guys and I pray for you daily!

Anonymous said...

Beth, i am praying for your comfort and healing everyday. Dig deep and know that you are loved by, and inspire so many! -Dagny