Monday, August 15, 2016

Better Together - Aug 15th

Beth’s had a hard time breathing again today. She says it’s exhausting as she has to constantly concentrate on breathing. Tonight she also mentioned that her heart rate was elevated. We checked and her resting heart rate was at 120 BPM most likely caused again from her troubles breathing. Despite her challenges she was awake most of the day and had a relatively good day.  

We are still trying to decide if we are going back to Chicago next week for her 3-week checkup and 3 week infusion of antibodies.  We should be making a decision soon.  The thing we keep thinking about is what if the infusions are slowing down the cancer by even 10% or 20%?  What if we stop infusions and it speeds up the cancer growth?  There are really no side effects from the infusions so the only hassle is getting to Chicago.  

The end of summer is coming. The kids start school on Wednesday. Ben starts 10th grade, Ella 9th, Caroline 7th and Lily 6th.  Beth will miss having the kids home all day but it will be good to get the kids into a routine as well as them having school work to focus on. Beth has always hated the start of school. She wants nothing more for them to stay home all day, every day.  Reason number #367 that Beth is a way better parent than me. I have been counting down the hours till school starts.

Our family has always done everything together. I am sure other parents thought we were crazy when we would drag all of the kids to go watch one of their siblings play in their soccer game. I know for a fact people would make comments when Beth would haul all 4 kids (very young kids) to downtown LA to a Clippers game just so they could see me at work.  It just feels better when we were all together.  As the kids get older it has been getting harder and harder to make sure we are together.  We cherish the times when all of us are home.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. Your kids really hit the lottery in the parents department. They are very lucky. What a blessing it is to know that families are eternal.

Unknown said...

I wish families lucky enough to be healthy would appreciate each other half as much as you guys do. Blessed be today as your last full family day before school. Prayers.

Laura said...

Beth you have the most amazing husband and children, but I guess it's not a surprise because you too are amazing! I've been thinking and praying for your family all summer long as I've read these updates. You have so much faith and courage- with a great sense of humor. You've been a great example and I admire you so much. I'm blessed to have been companions with you, even if it was for a short time. I came across the article below and it reminded me so much of you and your family, perhaps you've seen it. I love you and you continue to be in my prayers.

-Soeur Laura Perri (Hopkins)

https://www.lds.org/liahona/2016/08/accepting-the-lords-will-and-timing?cid=HP_WE_10-8-2016_dPFD_fLHNA_xLIDyL1-C_&lang=eng