Monday, August 22, 2016

Late Night Thoughts from Beth - Aug 22nd

Beth really struggled with her breathing today so much so that we called her doctor in Chicago to see what if anything could be done. We had already increased her oxygen to 4 liters/per hour and yet she still did not feel like she was able to catch her breath all day. Her doctors prescribed her Furosemide which treats fluid buildup and swelling caused by certain conditions like liver failure, kidney problems and is also used to treat fluid buildup in the lungs. Furosemide works by helping the kidneys to remove fluid from the body. The doctors are hoping this helps remove some fluid in Beth’s lungs that may be the cause of her breathing problems.  

A result of Beth’s labored breathing was she had a very high heart rate.  This morning Beth’s heart rate was 136 BPM, the highest it has been. This was all while she was laying down trying the breath. We will meet with her doctors on Friday in Chicago to see if there is anything more that can be done. We are very afraid that they may tell us there is not anything to help her breathing.

One of the things that has been the source of some good laughs lately has been some of the things Beth has said while hopped up on pain meds. Sometimes she will be asleep, most likely dreaming and she will yell out random things. Here are few of them and the more random they are the funnier they are:

  • “Is there a baseball game on I can watch right now?” - Beth woke up and suddenly yelled this out in the middle of the night around 3 am. For the record she has NEVER asked to watch a baseball game.

  • “See!!  This is why I can’t join LinkedIn. I don’t do anything” - another middle of the night revelation from Beth.

  • “Avocado dressings. Why so much oil????” - Apparently Beth watched way too much Food Network channel this day.

These phrases might not sound funny on thier own but picture Beth dead asleep and then all of the sudden shouting out one these.

Lastly, a few days ago I mentioned that a friend of ours sent us some #BattleTogether T-shirts that he had made. Yesterday, he posted a Facebook message saying he had started a fundraiser for people to order the shirts. Thank you Heath for being so thoughtful, I love my t-shirt. If you want to take a look at the shirt or order your own visit Heath’s page by clicking here https://www.bonfirefunds.com/battle-together-for-the-mowrey-family



#BattleTogether

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought one yesterday! I love you all because of my almost 30 year friendship with Christi! I follow your blog daily and have even shared pictures, entries and videos you've posted for a few of my Family Home Evening lessons. We pray for all of you every evening as we gather as a family. Thank you for letting us be a part of yours and for uplifting us through your light in Christ, undying faith and endurance and example of Christ-like love. We pray extra for your beautiful babies and know that Heavenly Father is aware of their sad hearts and your sad mommy and daddy hearts. Much love, the Hockema Family. ��

Unknown said...

I bought one yesterday! I love you all because of my almost 30 year friendship with Christi! I follow your blog daily and have even shared pictures, entries and videos you've posted for a few of my Family Home Evening lessons. We pray for all of you every evening as we gather as a family. Thank you for letting us be a part of yours and for uplifting us through your light in Christ, undying faith and endurance and example of Christ-like love. We pray extra for your beautiful babies and know that Heavenly Father is aware of their sad hearts and your sad mommy and daddy hearts. Much love, the Hockema Family. ��

stalker sarah said...

I can't wait to get my shirt! I love it so much! I'm so sorry Beth is having so much trouble breathing! I'm praying that the meds will help and the doctors will have a solution Friday! Always praying for you guys and always thinking of you guys! Love and hugs from Kentucky! 😊💗