Friday, August 5, 2016

Help, I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up - Aug 5th

I know so many of you are praying for Beth. She needs contuined prayers. She is getting weaker and weaker. 

This morning she got up to use the bathroom and as she was getting up she lost her balance and fell to the floor and hit her head. Crying, she called for help as she tired to get up. Because the bathroom fan was running no one could hear her plea for help.  I was not home when she fell. My mom who was home was very upset when she called to tell me. Almost in tears she said, "Alan, I'm so sorry. Beth fell on my watch."  My mom is a retired nurse and she has taken the lead on tending to Beth. She makes sure she is taking her meds, makes sure she is eating, helps her to bathroom, etc. She takes it very seriously.  I tried to reassure my mom that is wasn't her fault.  

Beth laid on the floor of the bathroom for 10 minutes before my mom knocked for a second time without hearing a response from her. Beth was trying to respond and answer but her voice is not very strong right now and my mom couldn't hear her over the loud bathroom fan. Not hearing a response she barged in. 

There were no major injuries from the fall.  It is just a very sad realization what the cancer is doing to her body.  

I found this text from Caroline to Beth tonight asking if we could invite her best friend and her family from Indiana to Beth's funeral. Heartbreaking to see her type the words "funeral". I can't begin to imagine how our kids are REALLY handling all of this. We try to talk to them as much as we can. They never want to talk about mom dying but obviously it's on Caroline's mind. Please keep Ben, Ella, Caroline and Lily in your prayers as well. 

We love you all...

#BattleTogether 



8 comments:

Lee said...

Our prayers are constant. My heart hurts so much for you. We love you. We are here with you. Sending all our love. The Norris Fam

stalker sarah said...

My prayers for your your whole family are constant! I can't imagine how any of you are feeling when dealing with this struggle! We love you so much! Your mom is amazing. Beth is amazing. ALL of you are amazing! Hugs and lots of love forever and always! 💗💗💗

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!! Your poor mom. What an angel she is to be there with you during this time. I know there are many angels with you and your kids right now.
I love this quote by Jeffrey R Holland. It's such a beautiful promise from a loving Heavenly Father

"He does love you, and He knows your fears. He hears your prayers. He is your Heavenly Father, and surely He matches with His own the tears His children shed."

We all are matching with our own the tears you shed. I'm just so so sorry.
We love you!!

leslie said...

Oh man! I hate that this is happening! Heartbreaking for sure. Glad that you are feeling the love that everyone is sending to your family. Prayers for you all.

Janet Barrows said...

Thank you Alan for writing to us each and every day! Through this blog we hear Beth's voice! And the children's. And your's. Your love of wife, mother, daughter, pioneer, brains, the wind beneath all of you - Beth, darling Beth, forever Beth. You are sharing with us and teaching all of us to walk with grace and dignity through the unimaginable as a family. And in return, for one brief moment we are able to battle with you together and sojourn on. My thoughts and prayers are for and with all of you. I hope you will consider keeping this blog forever because it also keeps Beth alive for all of us. Love and prayers.

Jennette Marble said...

Alan thank you for the daily updates. We are so sorry for what you are all going through. We read your blog each day and continue to pray for each or your sweet kids by name. We hope you can feel God's arms around you and the strength from many, many prayers and angels for you.
-The Marble Family

Lyndee said...

Sending all my love and support to your family!
Praying that your kids will feel the love and peace around them.

MPk said...

Fast Sunday today was for the Mowreys. I am so sorry about the fall.