Monday, August 29, 2016

#TheBethEffect - Aug 29th

I am emotionally fatigued.  All I will say tonight is that Beth is still fighting. Last night all I did the entire night was watch her breathe while she slept. She would take a deep breathe and then wouldn’t breathe again for about 10-12 seconds. I sat there waiting for her to gasp for air, hoping that she would. The good thing is that Beth is not in pain and that is such a blessing.  


So many sweet moments tonight.  Tonight was one of the first nights in 2 months where it was just the six of us together as a family.  The house was quiet and reverent.  So much peace.


As we were getting ready for bed, I went into Ella’s room and just hugged her. She has never really had a good cry. Tonight she sobbed in my arms. I didn’t say anything to her, I just let her cry.

As I held her, I looked over her shoulder and saw these Post-It Notes stuck to her mirror.  A few months ago our friend Jonathan back home in LA started a hashtag #TheBethEffect.  It’s all I could think of as I read those Post-It Notes while holding a sobbing Ella.  Ella is a little mini Beth; she has for sure been hit with #TheBethEffect.




7 comments:

Lee said...

I don't have the right words to say. But our heart and prayers are with you. We love you. #thebetheffect is alive in our home. As I clean with my Mrs. Meyers cleaning products Beth introduced to me I think of Beth. So many things I do, I think of Beth. She's amazing. We love you.

stalker sarah said...

Ella is amazing! Love this! Love all of you! #battletogether

Lyndee said...

{hugs} for all of you. I am so very very sorry.

Brian & Veronica said...

Beautiful. I hope there are many more moments of mercies and memories for your family before she goes. My heart is heavy bc it's so full. My love and prayers to you all.

Unknown said...

I was told recently that we only really "borrow" people while they are with us. Whether for a few minutes to help lift a box, change a tire or borrowed longer for a friendship or relationship. I will always appreciate your friendship, and the borrowed time that I had with Beth and your family will stay with me the remainder of my life on this marble. You were there for me in my time of need and I will never forget your generosity with your time and love. My heart and prayers are with you.

Linda Burch said...

Impressive young lady!

vicki said...

Just heartbroken! Alan and kids - you are truly loved by so many people. Your story has been told and you have taught the gospel and the true meaning of love to so many people. I hope you know the impact your family has had on just me and my family! God bless you all!