Saturday, August 20, 2016

Why Are People So Good to Us? - Aug 20th

It is amazing to see how Beth has responded the last two days with her friends from High School being here. Lots of laughter, tears and lots of Taboo. This visit has re-energized her and lifted her spirits. She had been having some rough days before they came. It will be sad to see them leave tomorrow.  Hey Girls - we have a huge master bedroom upstairs sitting empty. Feel free to stick around!

14053994_10154553751094374_4759825861324118725_n.jpg


I have purposely not given a ton of public recognition on this blog of all of the amazing things that people have done for Beth and our family over the last few weeks/months/years.  Some things have been simple, some things have been extraordinary, all have been incredibly thoughtful. I am hesitant to start giving shout-outs to people because inevitably I will leave someone out and I don’t want people to think that we are not appreciative of all that has been done for us by highlighting just a few people.  With that said, I was completely overwhelmed tonight as I looked back on TODAY, ONE day. Today we were flooded with people showing love, support and who are battling with us. So tonight I am breaking my rule. I am going to highlight just a few things that happened TODAY.  Again, I could write blog entry after blog entry that listed the unbelievable things that people do for us each day. I won’t do that here, but please know I that I personally fill pages and pages in my personal journal so that our family will never forget all of the love and support you all gave us.  


Christi McCaverty holds an annual fundraiser for people battling Breast Cancer called Bus for Boobies. Tonight Christi came over and gave us a check for the money she raised for during her 8th annual event a few weeks. We are forever grateful for Christi's love, kindness and friendship. Please keep an eye out for her event next year.

IMG_3915 2.JPG

13902658_10209913981903615_5952723545179284605_n.jpg
IMG_3690.JPG










































Our friend Heath Tenny sent us a package of shirts today that he made. The front had BATTLE TOGETHER and #TheBethEffect. On the back it had all of our names. They are amazing. Beth opened the package in front of her friends and the girls were obsessed with them and want to order one for themselves. Heath - you might be getting a few random friend requests from Beth’s High School friends as they are trying to figure out how to get their hands on their own shirt.  Since the Cavs won the championship I have worn my Cavs Championship shirt pretty much 3-4 times a week. With this shirt it will fill out the rest of the week.  

IMG_3713.JPG


IMG_3714.JPG

























Our friends in Salt Lake City ran in the Color Run today and sent us this picture.  I can’t tell you how much this picture means to us.  Friends we miss so much, hundreds of miles away thinking of Beth. We love our Polynesian family!

14067524_10155069868227506_4917046525174790001_n.jpg














Lastly, our good friend Lyndee Kennett set up a YouCaring Fundraiser to help with the upcoming funeral expenses. Beth and I were completely oblivious how much funeral costs are going to be. We were so reluctant to have her do this but now we are so thankful to her and all of the people that have donated. It will help tremendously. I get an email each time someone donates and today I was especially touched by a couple of emails. Beth says it all of the time, “I just don’t get it. Why are people so good to us”.  












“For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

“Naked, and ye clothed me. …

“… Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”
Matthew 25

We love you all...

#BattleTogether

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really need to remember to read these posts at home. I was reading yesterday's post at work (Chuck E Cheese) and crying. Not a great place to cry. Tears of happiness for a great day, tears for the pain the family is in, tears for the fact none of you realize how special you all are. THAT is why people are good to you. Because of how good YOU are. Continued prayers for more good days.

Anonymous said...

I would love a shirt. Is he selling them?
Thank you for letting us serve you. It is in turn lifting our burden as we suffer with you. We love you and thank you for your gracious example. 💗💗

Unknown said...

We love the Mowrey family !❤️ And obviously so does everyone else. It takes a village....